Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Falling Bodies Experiment

I've been doing some studies of motion lately, and right now I'm studying the law of free fall. I've been doing several experiments such as dropping objects with different masses to prove that all objects fall at the same rate due to gravity, and not due to their mass. I then decided to try this same experiment with inclined planes to slow the acceleration. I measured the distance of the ramp, and the time taken for the object to roll down. As I saw with my previous experiment, the objects rolled at a constant acceleration! 

Through my experiments, I've formulated a mathematical equation for a falling object or an object moving in uniform acceleration: d=1/2gt2

1 comment:

  1. If you want learn Galileo's law of inertia, go below link.
    https://www.theoryphysics.co.in/2018/09/inertia.html

    ReplyDelete