Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ayo, I'm Galileo!

Hello! My name is Galileo Galilei. You know that telescope sitting in your house? You're welcome. Well, I'm here to tell you all about my life, my work, and basically the reasons why the Heliocentric theory is awesome, and Copernicus was right. He was an awesome guy, am I right?

First, I'll tell you a bit about my life. I was born in Pisa, Italy on February 15th 1564, and I was the first born of six children. My father was a famous music theorist and composer. Sadly, only four of my six siblings survived infancy. When I was about eight, the Galilei family moved to Florence, Italy.

I went through a many different stages of study in my life. When in Florence, I started to study to be a priest, but eventually left to pursue medicine at the University of Pisa. I never completed this study, and instead decided to study mathematics. In 1592, I was hired as a mathematician at the University of Padua. In Padua, I met Marina Gamba, with whom I had 3 children.

This is only my early life, but in this blog, I will tell you much more about my contributions to the scientific community.

Until next time,







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want learn Galileo's law of inertia, go below link.
    https://www.theoryphysics.co.in/2018/09/inertia.html

    ReplyDelete